Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-03-2024, 09:48 PM
Large Bat

Unhappy Anyone else randomly have their password

To the login server stop working, and the password changer and SMS password reset tool do not work and you become locked out with a DB- Invalid password error? I am currently going through that. Submitted a forum a petition but the staff have already indicated they do not support account recoveries. My hopes are slim at this point but you would think something as simple as adequate password management tools would be available to players. I had no idea how fragile my p99 account is until now. Really hope I can get an admin to help me reset it.

Mightymagic
55 Magician
Possibly Retired
Old 05-06-2024, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickatrop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To the login server stop working, and the password changer and SMS password reset tool do not work and you become locked out with a DB- Invalid password error? I am currently going through that. Submitted a forum a petition but the staff have already indicated they do not support account recoveries. My hopes are slim at this point but you would think something as simple as adequate password management tools would be available to players. I had no idea how fragile my p99 account is until now. Really hope I can get an admin to help me reset it.

Mightymagic
55 Magician
Possibly Retired
I would be surprised if your password just randomly stopped working. The only time that's happened to me was because I came back and forgot the password to the account in question and was using the wrong password.
Old 05-06-2024, 03:49 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be surprised if your password just randomly stopped working. The only time that's happened to me was because I came back and forgot the password to the account in question and was using the wrong password.
Well, what makes me know my password was right was the ability to “change” my loginserver password. To be able to change it, you must know your current password. I tested this by entering a random password as my current password and it failed. I then entered the correct password into the current password field and it took the password change. The problem is, no matter what I do, reset or change password to the loginserver using the tools here on the forum, it doesn’t let me login to the loginserver and am hard locked with a DB invalid password error. I haven’t tried in a couple days but I will try again to login this evening after work.
Old 05-06-2024, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Are you using the numpad to enter numbers? This can cause issues for some reason and need to use the top row numbers
Old 05-06-2024, 06:22 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you using the numpad to enter numbers? This can cause issues for some reason and need to use the top row numbers
Negative. Top row only.
Old 05-06-2024, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

And you are using the loginserver account name and not forum name?

Have you tried setting a very simple password just to test it out?
Old 05-06-2024, 08:05 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you are using the loginserver account name and not forum name?

Have you tried setting a very simple password just to test it out?
Im using my loginserver account name which is remembered by the loginserver and matches to my loginserver account name listed in the loginserver account section on this site. My forum credentials are working as intended, and give me access to the loginserver password change & password reset tool(s). My password(s) are not overly complex as written and I know they are set properly given the ability to “change” my password requires knowing and correctly entering in the current password to execute that function. The issue is the loginserver password change/reset tool is not actually affecting the loginserver, so while I maintain full access to the forums and the loginserver password tools, I remain locked out of the game with a DB invalid password error.
Old 05-06-2024, 09:16 PM
Large Bat

Well, "changed" my password today and it worked. Im back!